WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says Iran appears to be “standing down” and said no Americans were harmed in Iran’s Tuesday ballistic missile strike on two Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops.
The Iranian strikes had come days after Trump authorized the targeted killing of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force.
Trump reiterated his position that “Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon.” He added that Americans should be “extremely grateful and happy” with the outcome.
- Can my employer ask if I have received the COVID-19 vaccine? What you need to know
- China lands on Mars in latest advance for its space program
- 28-year-old faces several charges after sexually assaulting 3 women in Fremont
- LIST: These stores no longer require face masks for vaccinated customers
- Florida man jams thumb into alligator’s eye to save his dog