(CNN) – President Trump’s personal assistant is out of a job.
Madeleine Westerhout has worked with Trump since the start of his term, with her office being directly in front of the Oval Office.
Her abrupt resignation comes after she reportedly shared details of the president’s family during a recent off-the-record dinner with journalists.
Trump reportedly learned of the matter Thursday.
Westerhout is now considered a “separated employee” and would not be cleared to return to the White House Friday.
Latest News Headlines:
- Novato police seek public’s help to find missing 11-year-old
- Take the confusion out of food labels
- Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day found alive
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- Search for missing Palo Alto couple now recovery mission