SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — United Airlines announce Sunday it is permanently removing change fees within the United States.
Effective immediately, the airline will be removing changing fees on all standard Economy and Premium cabin tickets for travel in the country.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2021, United will also allow customers to fly standby for free on a flight departing the day of their travel regardless of the type of ticket or class of service — a first among U.S. carriers.
The domestic change fee was previously $200 and the standby fee for non-Premier MileagePlus members was $75.
Latest News Headlines:
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Maldives resort hiring ‘Barefoot Bookseller’ to run its island bookshop
- Car injures 2 protesters during BLM demonstration in California
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record