This includes at airport service/check-in counters, kiosks, in clubs, and at all gates and baggage claim areas, according to the policy on United’s website.
According to the policy, passengers who do not comply with United’s face mask requirement “may be refused travel and banned from flying United as least while the mask requirement is in place.”
Those who have “extraordinary circumstances” that warrant an exception, should contact United or speak to a representative at the airport.
The policy, which includes the requirement that passengers wear masks throughout their flight on board as well, was created in cooperation with public health experts at the Cleveland Clinic.
United said it will notify travelers of this policy during the ticket booking process, as well as adding signs in terminals and gate areas.
- Oakland opens polling locations at public schools for Election Day
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Nigerian forces killed 12 peaceful protesters, Amnesty says
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it
- KRON4 TV’s new studio debuts