(AP) — The number of mass killings carried out in the United States in 2019 is one of the biggest ever.
A database compiled by The Associated Press, USA Today and Northeastern University shows that 2019 had the most mass killings since at least the 1970s.
In all, there were 41 mass killings, defined as when four or more people are killed, excluding the perpetrator.
The killings included a trio of massacres in August in El Paso and Odessa, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.
More than 210 people were slain in mass killings in 2019.
Latest News Stories:
- President Trump expected to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Red Flag Warning issued for parts of the Bay amid heat wave
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire