SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — The state department is offering a reward of up to $10 million to prevent the presidential election from being hacked.
U.S. Intelligence has previously said that Russia engaged in efforts to influence the outcome of the 2016 election, with the aim of helping President Trump win.
And with the next presidential election only months away, the government wants to prevent similar efforts this year.
The state department is putting up the reward as part of its ‘Rewards for Justice’ program.
Information can be found on the department’s website.
Latest News Headlines:
- Bay Area families who lost loved ones to police brutality say Breonna Taylor decision is not shocking
- Burglaries in San Francisco are up 42% compared to 2019
- The Salvation Army to start annual holiday fundraising early to “rescue Christmas”
- California to end sales of gas-powered cars by 2035
- Several senior citizens injured after a bunch of teens reportedly fired paintballs at them