Got some summer travel plans overseas — if so, listen up!
The U.S. State Department is warning you to be aware of updated travel advisories outside the United States, including popular vacation destinations.
According to the State Department’s website, there are 57 countries on the travel advisory list.
The countries listed range from Level 1 (Exercise Normal Precautions) to Level 4 (Do not travel).
Level 4 countries include Central African Republic, Yemen, Venezuela, Somalia, Syria, Mali, North Korea, and Libya.
Many of the countries listed are popular vacation destinations.
Travelers are advised to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, a free service allowing U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH