SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced Friday that tax day has been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The original tax date of April 15 is now void and the deadline to file will be July 15.
All taxpayers and businesses will have this additional time to file and make payments without interest or penalties, Mnuchin said on Twitter.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- Post Office warns states across US about mail voting
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Dolly Parton voices support for Black Lives Matter movement
- Extreme heat wave continues across Bay Area