(CNN) – Vaping is a gateway to marijuana use for young people.
Those are the findings from a study published in Jama Pediatrics.
Researchers say nicotine rewires the developing brain.
It also changes how people respond to and crave addictive substances.
The research looked at 20 pre-existing studies of people ages 10 to 24.
It showed the odds of marijuana use in those who vape – were more than three times higher than those who don’t.
Latest News Headlines:
- Mistakes send Raiders to loss to Patriots
- How to watch the first presidential debate
- Solar storms may bring northern lights show to parts of the U.S.
- United Airlines pilots approve deal that delays furloughs
- Q&A: Will the Trump administration be able to ban TikTok?