A graduating high school student meets her dad halfway all so she could share a special moment with him while donning her cap and gown.
In a video posted to Facebook, Sarai Ruiz, who just graduated from Early College High School, meets her father, Esteban Ruiz, in the middle of the Laredo International Bridge.
Dressed in her cap and gown, Sarai embraces her dad as the two share a moment together.
“I knew my father would never see me walk to get my diploma but today I’d thought I’d surprise him by crossing the bridge so he could see me with my cap and gown,” she wrote in the post.
Ruiz will attend the University of Texas at Austin this fall.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY