WASHINGTON (AP) – The federal government’s watchdog agency says the a White House office violated federal law in withholding security assistance to Ukraine aid.
The Government Accountability Office says the White House Office of Management and Budget violated the law in holding up the assistance.
The freeze is at center of the impeachment of President Donald Trump.
Trump was impeached last month on charges of abusing his power for pressuring Ukraine to investigate Democratic rivals, and for obstructing Congress’ ensuing probe.
- Community gathers to celebrate Lunar New Year in San Francisco’s Chinatown
- Newborn safe after dropped off in Safe Haven box
- Virus death toll in China rises as Xi calls situation grave
- LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant for 3rd on NBA scoring list
- Several Dodgers go public, speak on Astros’ cheating scandal