(CNN) – Wells Fargo tells CNN that it has stopped charging fees on student loan payments.
The company says it stopped levying the fees on Nov. 15.
Wells Fargo told CNN that unpaid past late fees will be waived.
However, interest will continue to accrue if no payment is made and late payments will be reported to consumer reporting agencies.
Wells Fargo says the policy includes student loans from other lenders that are part of a Wells Fargo consolidation loan.
Latest News Headlines:
- Super Bowl LV odds: Kansas City a 3.5-point favorite
- At least 31 law enforcement officers in 12 states tied to storming of the Capitol
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial
- Old (Brady), young (Mahomes), different Super Bowl 55 awaits