(AP) — White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany says she has tested positive for COVID-19. This comes days after President Donald Trump tested positive for the coronavirus.
McEnany says in a statement that she tested positive Monday morning and is experiencing no symptoms at this time. She spoke briefly with reporters Sunday evening, but says that no members of the White House press corps spent enough time around her to be considered close contacts.
She says that she is beginning the quarantine process and “will continue working on behalf of the American People remotely.”
Multiple Republicans and people among President Trump’s staff have tested positive in the days since his results went public on Thursday.
- No plexiglass for final Biden-Trump presidential debate
- Lawsuit of Michael Jackson sexual abuse accuser dismissed
- Find Sydney West: Friends, family gather in Pleasanton holding onto hope
- Watch Live: The stage is set, without plexiglass, before final Biden-Trump presidential debate
- Ho Ho No! Santa Claus won’t be coming to Macy’s this year