WASHINGTON (AP) – The White House says it has chosen President Donald Trump’s golf resort in Miami as the site for next year’s Group of Seven summit.
The announcement Thursday comes as the president has accused Joe Biden’s family of profiting from public office because of Hunter Biden’s business activities in Ukraine when his father was vice president.
The idea of holding the event June 10-12 at Trump’s resort has been criticized by ethics watchdogs.
Trump has said the resort is close to the airport and offers plenty of hotel rooms and separate buildings for every delegation.
When the United States has hosted the summit before, it has been held in Puerto Rico; Williamsburg, Virginia; Houston; Denver; Sea Island, Georgia; and Camp David, the presidential retreat in Maryland.
Latest News Headlines:
- Instacart makes changes ahead of planned worker strike
- INTERACTIVE MAP: How many coronavirus tests have been conducted in my state?
- Alan Merrill, co-writer of ‘I love Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ dies from coronavirus complications
- San Francisco’s Muni changes now in effect
- Tokyo Olympics will open in July 2021