(KRON) -The Wisconsin DMV on Tuesday announced it is temporarily waiving the road test requirement for new drivers due to the coronavirus pandemic.
According to DMV officials, those who have completed other training education requirements will no longer have to participate in the road test.
The new policy goes into effect May 11.
Anyone who is eligible to have their road test waived must still complete the required amount of driver’s education classes, behind-the-wheel trining, and have permission from a parent/guardian.
The move comes after a similar announcement last week in Georgia, where the time-honored driving test requirement for teens to get their licenses was also rescinded during the pandemic.
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape
- Parts of Meadowood Resort destroyed in Glass Fire
- 3 earthquakes recorded near San Jose within an hour
- What time is the debate? What to know before Trump and Biden take the stage