FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A woman was accidentally shot by her toddler Thursday in the parking lot of a Florida shopping center, authorities said.
One of two children in a parked SUV got hold of a gun and shot the woman, police said. The father was present, but it wasn’t clear where he was at the time the toddler pulled the trigger.
Fort Lauderdale police and fire rescue units responded, WSVN reported.
The mother was taken to a nearby hospital. She was expected to recover from her injuries.
Police didn’t immediately report the child’s age or gender or who owned the gun.
No charges were immediately reported.
- Trump ally Roger Stone to be sentenced as case roils DOJ
- ICE says it won’t follow California law after arresting 2 at Sonoma County courthouse
- Man sexually assaults woman doing push-ups at 24 Hour Fitness gym
- In just 1 hour, 3 attempted carjackings in San Francisco; rideshare driver fights off suspects
- To show impact of bullying, mom shares video of son, 9, saying he wants to die