POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida woman is accused of stuffing four puppies in a backpack and banging the bag against tables and benches at an Irish pub.
NBC 6 reports Teresa Gardner, 27, of Pompano Beach was arrested and charged with multiple offenses, including tormenting animals and resisting arrest.
The Broward County Sheriff’s Office said patrons reported seeing Gardner carrying a backpack with four puppies inside and slamming it on tables and benches at Briny Irish Pub.
The 4-week-old puppies were rescued, but appeared shaken and tormented, the news station reported.
Later, Gardner had to be forcibly removed from the patrol car, officials said.
She was booked into the county jail and her bond was set to $500.
- FOUR OFFICERS INJURED IN STRUGGLE WITH MAN IN ALAMEDA
- ALLEGED GANG MEMBER KILLED IN POLICE SHOOTING NEAR MARTINEZ
- 27-YEAR-OLD DEAD AFTER OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN NAPA
- WOMAN KILLS ESCAPED INMATE WHO KICKED IN HER DOOR
- THIS 7-YEAR-OLD MAKES $22 MILLION A YEAR ON YOUTUBE