SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Use Yahoo?
You can now file a claim for a piece of the $117.5 million class-action settlement related to massive data breaches.
According to USA Today, if you had a Yahoo account between Jan. 1, 2012 and Dec. 31, 2016 – you can get two years of free credit monitoring services by AllClear ID or up to $358.
That’s including traditional Yahoo email or accounts on Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Finance, Tumblr and Flickr.
According to the settlement website, in Aug. 2013, “malicious actors were able to gain access to Yahoo’s user database and took records for all existing Yahoo accounts,” which was approximately 3 billion.
The data breach wasn’t disclosed until recently and is considered the largest hack in history.
The deadline to file a claim is July 20, 2020.
Latest News Headlines:
- Real estate: What $500K gets you in Tampa vs. Cleveland
- Police: Officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask
- Raiders release receiver Tyrell Williams
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- ‘They finally stop living in fear’: Advocates reflect on return of asylum-seekers to US