OAKLAND (KRON) – Netflix’s popular sports docu- series, “Last Chance U” is headed to Oakland’s junior college to feature Head Coach John Beam and the Laney College Eagles.
The series features athletes with past hardships who play junior college football looking to turn their lives around and get a scholarship to a Division 1 school.
“Last Chance U” resembles in style to HBO’s hit show “Hard Knocks”.
Former Oakland Raiders player Ronald Ollie, was featured on the show while attending East Mississippi Community College.
Laney was chosen out of thousands of junior colleges to be featured. They recently went 11-2 last season and were the 2018 California Community College Athletic Association Football Champions.
Laney’s Head Coach John Beam has a history of making sure his athletes finish their education with 90 percent of players graduating or transferring to a Division 1 school.
Netflix will be headed to Oakland to record its fifth season of the series beginning of the 2019-20 school year.
Viewers will be able to tune in next summer!
- Biden, Republicans praise CDC decision to ease mask requirements
- House GOP elects Trump defender Elise Stefanik to No. 3 post
- Mexico’s use of soldiers to stem migrant flow to U.S. will lead to abuse, experts say
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive for COVID-19