Two days after San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi died suddenly, questions still remain on the circumstances surrounding his death.
A spokesperson for the public defender’s office said Adachi was at dinner with a friend in North Beach Friday night when he started to have trouble breathing.
Emergency crews were called, but Adachi couldn’t be revived.
He was transported to a local hospital where he died of an apparent heart attack.
According to KRON4 sources, the San Francisco Police Department is investigating whether there are any suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.
Sources also say Adachi’s body was found inside an apartment at 46 Telegraph Place near Coit Tower.
Police haven’t released any other information on the investigation.
The San Francisco Medical Examiner is expected to perform an autopsy to confirm the cause of his death.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER