There are some new changes coming to the Walnut Creek BART Station.
It comes in the form of a new bus transit center and a much-needed parking garage that’s expected to open next Friday.
Jim Allison, a spokesperson for the transit agency, said,” It is going to increase parking by about a hundred spaces overall and the good news is for people who have been on a waiting list to get a monthly parking permit.”
Some 600 people will now have monthly parking in the garage.
There’s also a new BART police substation.
One big noticeable change is the location of the passenger drop off area.
You’re going to have to do a little walking to get to the location where passengers are being picked up.
Some BART riders like the new changes.
Derrick Davis of Walnut Creek said, “It is pretty good access. It is easy to get in and out.”
The new transit center will open to the public on Saturday. The new parking garage will open next Friday.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN ACCUSES CAL FOOTBALL STAFF, PLAYERS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- EAST BAY FAMILY LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AFTER DEADLY HWY 4 SHOOTING
- DAY IN THE LIFE ON BART: VIDEO SHOWS MAN SHAVING HEAD
- GOV NEWSOM WANTS TO CHARGE YOU $10/MONTH TO CLEAN TAINTED WATER
- HOW TO FIND YOUR OWN ‘FLORIDA MAN’ STORY