NEW YORK (AP) – Gov. Andrew Cuomo said New York has delayed its presidential primary from April to June because of the coronavirus outbreak.
Meanwhile, Nurses battling New York City’s coronavirus outbreak are making anguished pleas for more protective equipment.
They say officials’ claims of adequate supplies are falling short of reality.
At a news conference Saturday outside city-run Jacobi Hospital, nurses called for more masks and other gear to safeguard themselves against the virus.
It has so far sickened more than 44,000 people and killed over 500 in New York state, mostly in the city.
- Americans struggle with food security amid pandemic
- Red Flag Warning issued for Bay Area
- SF Zoo gives update on Maki’s health
- Oakland police detail spike in crime this year
- Washington state discovers first ‘murder hornet’ nest in US