PANAMA CITY, Fla. (WMBB) — An infant left in a hot vehicle at a Florida residence died Wednesday, deputies said.
Bay County Sheriff’s officials said the newborn was left in the vehicle for “possibly several hours.”
High temperatures in Panama City reached nearly 90 degrees Wednesday.
Officials said a deputy performed CPR and EMS arrived within minutes, but they were unable to save the infant, who died at the scene.
“BCSO Criminal Investigations is conducting a death investigation and speaking to witnesses to establish a timeline of events,” deputies wrote.
- Woman who coughed on SF Uber driver pleads not guilty to assault charges
- Lawmakers unveil financial priorities to rebuild CA’s post-pandemic economy
- Sideshow enforcement returns: Oakland police prepare to tackle illegal activity
- ‘I am not a criminal’: Windsor mayor speaks out after 6 women accuse him of sexual assault
- Antioch mayor signs proclamation condemning recent wave of anti-Asian hate