Just days after former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick reached a settlement with the NFL, Nike has unveiled a new “Icon” jersey in his honor.
Kaepernick announced the news on Twitter, saying “this is only the beginning.”
“For those true to themselves on and off the field. Proudly, unapologetically, and against all odds,” he tweeted.
Nike’s website describes the Icon jersey as “a celebration of those who seek truth in their communities, and those who remain true to themselves.”
Earlier this month, LeBron James was seen sporting the jersey.
The jerseys are available for purchase for $150.
Kaepernick has not played in the NFL since 2016.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER