A certified nursing assistant was arrested after deputies say he slapped, grabbed and insulted a 76-year-old dementia patient at a Pasco County rehabilitation center.
The incident happened Sunday night at Windsor Woods Rehabilitation Center in Hudson. Deputies say 49-year-old Robert Roth, a CNA who works for the center, was changing the clothing of a 76-year-old man when it happened.
According to an arrest report, Roth grabbed the man by the chin while he was changing him, shook his head and called him a “Navy p**** b****.” Deputies say Roth then slapped the man three times on the right side of his face.
The sheriff’s office says the victim cannot speak and suffers from dementia.
The incident was reported by another CNA who was helping Roth change the victim.
When deputies met with Roth, they say he first denied the allegations but then said he “probably did do it, but he did not have malicious intent.” He later admitted what happened was malicious, according to the arrest report.
Roth was arrested for abuse of infirm elderly or disabled adult.
- 49ERS CHEERLEADER WHO TOOK A KNEE DURING ANTHEM FROM ANTIOCH
- PRICE REDUCED FOR TINY HOME FOR SALE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- KIDNAPPED MAN LIKELY FED TO HOGS, COURT DOCS REVEAL
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS FIND 1,000 HUMAN TEETH INSIDE WALL
- TEENS DISCOVER THEY’RE HAVING SEX WITH SAME TEACHER, TELL HIS WIFE