HONOLULU (KHON2) – A Hawaiian Airlines flight turned around this afternoon while en route to Oakland International Airport.
Flight HA48 departed Honolulu (HNL) at 12:25 p.m.
Shortly after takeoff, a cockpit light indicated a discrepancy with an internal monitoring system.
Out of an abundance of caution, the pilot returned the aircraft to HNL so the system could be checked and reset.
The Airbus A321neo aircraft, carrying 183 passengers and seven crew, landed without incident at 1:47 p.m.
A new departure time is being determined.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN ACCUSES CAL FOOTBALL STAFF, PLAYERS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- EAST BAY FAMILY LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AFTER DEADLY HWY 4 SHOOTING
- DAY IN THE LIFE ON BART: VIDEO SHOWS MAN SHAVING HEAD
- GOV NEWSOM WANTS TO CHARGE YOU $10/MONTH TO CLEAN TAINTED WATER
- HOW TO FIND YOUR OWN ‘FLORIDA MAN’ STORY