Oakland police say they towed 85 cars and counting Saturday night after breaking up several sideshows in the Oakland area.
Additionally, two officers were injured, according to authorities.
One officer was hit by a flying object, and another officer in a patrol car was rammed by a vehicle participating in the sideshows.
Police say they expect the number of cars towed to reach closer to 100 since they’re still in the process of counting how many citations were given out.
According to officials, the sideshows ended around 5 a.m.
CHP Oakland also tweeted they were helping with the incident Sunday morning, adding that the High Street off-ramp from southbound I-880 is shut down and will reopen around 11:30 a.m.
- CHP: TODDLER KILLED IN VALLEJO CRASH; DAD ARRESTED FOR DUI
- MOM FACES POSSIBLE JAIL TIME FOR TAKING PHONE FROM DAUGHTER
- WATCH: MOUNTAIN LION CASUALLY WALKS THROUGH SAN MATEO
- ELIZABETH SMART’S KIDNAPPER HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM PRISON
- RESTAURANT GETS LOBSTERS HIGH BEFORE THEY’RE KILLED