First Fridays in Oakland is officially back on.
Back in October, organizers canceled the street festival due to violence.
A shooting injured five people directly after the October First Friday
Shortly after, the cancellation of the November 2 event was announced.
But now, First Fridays are back on for December.
The theme will be peace and love and the festival will take place from 5 to 9 p.m. on Dec. 7.
Here is the full statement from the organizers:
We are delighted to announce at last that December’s Oakland First Fridays street festival is officially ON.
Our theme for December will be Peace & Love, and the festival will take place as usual on Friday, December 7, from 5:00 to 9:00pm, on Telegraph between West Grand Avenue and 27th Street. More details will be in our upcoming newsletter.
We want to thank everyone for your continued patience and support, and an extra thank you to everyone who completed our brief survey, which is still open.
We are feelin’ the love and we’ll see you there!
- RAINY WEEK AHEAD FOR THE BAY AREA
- 1-YEAR-OLD DIES AFTER BEING STRUCK BY CAR IN RICHMOND
- LONGTIME SAN FRANCISCO RADIO HOST RAY TALIAFERRO MISSING
- MODESTO MAN BURYING PET IN BACKYARD FIND HUMAN REMAINS
- MAN JAILED AFTER RAPE OVERHEARD ON PLAYSTATION4