The Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday it is investigating an in-custody death at the Martinez Detention Facility.
Authorities said the death happened “late last night.”
No other details were immediately available.
The maximum security facility is one of three detention facilities operated by the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff.
MDF houses both pre-sentenced and sentenced inmates who do not qualify for less restrictive environments.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US
- GROWING NUMBER OF HOMEOWNERS MOVING OUT OF BAY AREA
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR NATIONAL PARK IS IN THE BAY AREA
- TEEN ALLEGEDLY ADMITS TO SPIKING STEPDAD’S DRINK WITH SEDATIVES
- 5-YEAR-OLD BOY CALLS POLICE ON ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’