NEW YORK (AP) – Olympic swimmer Ariana Kukors says her former coach “stole so much” from her in the decade she alleges he sexually abused her starting when she was a minor.
Kukors told The Associated Press in an emotional interview that she can’t get that time back but can speak out so others recognize signs of abuse.
The 28-year-old world champion swimmer says it’s freeing to talk about the allegations.
Sean Hutchison has denied abusing Kukors. He has said they were in a consensual relationship after the 2012 Olympics, when she was 23.
An email to Hutchison’s attorney Monday wasn’t immediately returned.
Kukors said someone who began forming a relationship with her when she was 13 couldn’t possibly say it was consensual.
She declined to say what USA Swimming officials should’ve done differently.
- 5TH SUSPECT WANTED IN DEADLY NORTH BAY HOME INVASIONS
- ARMED SUSPECTS AT-LARGE AFTER FREMONT HOME INVASION
- ARRESTS MADE IN SUSPICIOUS DEATH NEAR UNION SQUARE
- SAN RAFAEL MAN GOES MISSING DAY HE WAS TO VISIT FIANCÉ
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE