KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — A 26-year-old Oregon woman has pleaded guilty to killing and dismembering her boyfriend.
The Herald and News in Klamath Falls reports that Sheyanna Lisa Ray pleaded guilty Friday in Klamath County Circuit Court to murder and abuse of a corpse.
Ray told Judge Roxanne Osborne that she was fighting with 50-year-old David Lowell White in their home late last year when she awoke to find White standing over her with a cord in his hand.
She said White was going to choke her, but she got a cord and choked him instead. She said she cut up White’s body and tried to burn it.
White’s body was found Nov. 12, and Ray was arrested in Redding, California, the next day.
Ray faces up to life in prison at her Aug. 14 sentencing.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ‘FIRE BALL’ RIDES IN BAY AREA CLOSED AFTER DEADLY ACCIDENT
- COUPLE GETS LIFE FOR TORTURE MURDER OF NAPA TODDLER
- CAUGHT ON CAM: ILLEGAL STREET RACE LEADS TO CRASH IN SAN JOSE
- FORMER DEPUTY TO STAND TRIAL IN OAKLAND POLICE SEX SCANDAL CASE
- MUG SHOT RELEASED OF SF OFFICER ACCUSED OF HAVING CHILD PORN
- WINNING $1.2M LOTTERY TICKET BOUGHT AT DUBLIN BOWLING ALLEY
- FBI: MAN SAYS HE KILLED WIFE ON CRUISE OVER HER LAUGHING
- IDENTICAL TWINS WANT TO BE PREGNANT BY THE SAME MAN AT THE SAME TIME