Local authorities are asking parents not to purchase a specific cell phone case that looks like a weapon.
The San Mateo County Deputy Sheriff’s Association posted the photo Monday of a cell phone case very much resembling a gun in someone’s back pocket.
“Although a novelty, it will create unwanted scrutiny from law enforcement or whoever uses it,” authorities said.
“Regular citizens will see it and call 911, and then law enforcement will respond accordingly for a subject with a gun call,” authorities added.
Officials went on to say “someone could potentially get shot depending on their actions when LEOs (law enforcement officers) respond.”
- CRACKED BEAM SHUTS DOWN SALESFORCE TRANSIT CENTER
- WALNUT CREEK SCHOOL EMPLOYEE ACCUSED OF CHILD MOLESTATION
- WATCH: VIDEO SHOWS MOMENTS BEFORE BART MOB ATTACK IN OAKLAND
- VIRAL: PARENT BODY SLAMS REFEREE DURING YOUTH FOOTBALL GAME
- TEACHER FIRED FOR NOT GIVING CREDIT FOR HOMEWORK NOT TURNED IN