SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Back in 2015, KRON4 first broke the story of a street scam that led to a city-wide crackdown.
So, the perpetrators spread out and went to cities around the world.
But in 2016, they returned again to San Francisco and more tickets were handed out.
And now, just in time for the tourist season, they are back again.
Who are these people begging for donations?
Faux monks. Faux as in phony.
Stanley Roberts explains.
Watch the above video to see Stanley’s full report.
Top Posts & Pages
- VIDEO: 40 to 60 teens swarm Oakland BART train, rob passengers
- VIDEO: 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area
- Mob Attack: BART has video inside train car
- Watch KRON 4 newscasts on live streams
- VIDEO: BART identifies multiple suspects in Oakland Coliseum mob attack
- Man hurt in shooting near Eastridge Mall in East San Jose
- VIDEO: 5 dead in 10 days from suspected heroin overdoses in Santa Rosa
- 2 people seriously hurt in possible drive-by shooting in Hayward
- TROUBLING TREND: Dead sharks washing up on Bay Area shorelines
- VIDEO: Warriors get a break after drama-filled opening series