SAN JOSE (KRON) — The purpose of the HOV lane is to permit drivers with more than one passenger to use the lane in hopes of encouraging carpooling, easing congestion, and speeding traffic.
An exception is for hybrid vehicles, where permitted, but only if the owner possessed a clean air sticker.
However, many people ignore the rules and use the HOV lane illegally, which can be a pretty expensive ticket.
Stanley Roberts explains.
Watch the above video to see Stanley’s full report.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FATHER KILLS HIS 2 CHILDREN, HANGS HIMSELF IN SANTA ROSA
- 4-ALARM GRASS FIRE THREATENING HOMES IN MORAGA
- MAN FOUND KILLED NEAR SOUTH SAN JOSE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- PROSECUTORS: SANTA CRUZ DOCTOR WANTED TO IMPREGNATE WOMEN
- MAN KILLED IN CONCORD SHOOTING IDENTIFIED
- US STUDENT FREED BY NORTH KOREA HAS DIED AT 22
- BAY AREA TEMPS HIT RECORD HIGHS