The Coast Guard, Drug Enforcement Administration and Bahamian authorities have eradicated more than 200,000 illegal marijuana plants in the Bahamas.
On Feb. 6, a Coast Guard helicopter crew from Operation Bahamas, Turks & Caicos recognized a strong smell of marijuana while flying over Andros Island on a joint patrol.
The helicopter transported US DEA agents and Royal Bahamas Police Force Officers from the Drug Enforcement Unit to the area to eradicate the plants.
Approximately 460,000 pounds of marijuana was destroyed.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER