MERCED COUNTY (KSEE) — A big rig hit a highway signage pole so hard on Highway 99 near Atwater that it split it down the middle, the California Highway Patrol said Thursday.
The colision closed the right lane of traffic on southbound Highway 99.
The truck spilled its contents on the side of the highway.
Drivers should expect delays.
The lane is expected to be closed until at least 2 p.m., CHP said
It’s unclear if anyone was injured in the crash.
No other information was immediately available.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED