SEBASTOPOL (KRON) – A man who was arrested in September for raping a 75-year-old woman has now been connected to a second case that happened in June 2019.
Tirso De Jesus Guzman-Vivar, 26, was arrested on Sept. 5 on suspicion for raping an elderly woman whose family says was legally incapable of giving consent.
Guzman-Vivar was charged with unlawful sexual intercourse and booked at Sonoma County Jail.
On Saturday, investigators confirmed Guzman-Vivar was linked to an additional elderly rape case that happened in June.
Police say a 61-year-old victim was drugged and sexually assaulted multiple times.
The victim told police that Guzman-Vivar had been staying in her home as a guest and provided her with a fake name.
After evidence was obtained during the sexual assault investigation, DNA results confirmed a positive match to Guzman-Vivar.
Investigators collected several beverage samples which confirmed the drinks contained GHB, also known as the “date rape drug.”
Guzman-Vivar remains in custody at the Sonoma County Jail.
The suspect is now being charged for rape of an intoxicated victim, including his previous charge of rape in Sept.
- Oakland A’s make their move from radio to A’s Cast
- Man accused of shining blue laser at CHP plane arrested in Solano County
- Homicide investigation underway after woman’s body found in San Jose home
- AP Source: Barr tells people he might quit over Trump tweets
- California lawmakers propose new law to end ‘Pink Tax’