BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police are investigating a homicide where multiple people were injured, including one person who died, in northeast Birmingham.
Around 2:15 p.m., Birmingham Police received a report of three people shot in the 3700 block of 42nd Street North.
Once officers arrived, they found the victim, Michael Alexander McGee, lying on the side of the road suffering from a gunshot wound, police say. Birmingham Fire and Rescue responded and the victim was transported to UAB Hospital where he died due to his injuries.
Birmingham Police say the medical condition of the other two wounded victims is unknown at this time.
According to witnesses, police believe a disagreement occurred over parking spaces prior to shots being fired. Police do not have a suspect in custody, however, authorities will continue to investigate.
If there is anyone who has additional information pertaining to the case, please contact the BPD Homicide Unit at 205-254-1764 or Crime Stoppers at 205-2547777.
- Utility cuts power to 26,500 Californians over wildfire risk
- Trump’s support hits 6-month high in key battleground states
- Man drives 1,200 miles to reunite with missing dog in Tennessee shelter
- Road to recovery: Wine country after wildfires
- ‘Everything was on fire’: Witnesses describe plane crash in Alabama