SAN FRANCISCO (KRON/AP) – Sen. Chuck Schumer called for those that were a part of the riot at Capitol last Wednesday should be added to TSA’s “no-fly” list.
Schumer said in a letter to colleagues that the deadly Capitol riot by a mob loyal to President Donald Trump last week was “one of the darkest days in all of American history.”
He said Biden will need “key national security positions on Day One.”
The Senate often confirms some nominees on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, but this year the Senate will also likely be convening Trump’s impeachment trial. The House is set to impeach Trump this week on a sole charge of inciting insurrection in the violent riot.
Schumer wants the chamber to swiftly take up those nominees for secretary of defense, secretary of homeland security, secretary of state, attorney general, and others.
Schumer outlined the party’s agenda, vowing to push ahead on Democratic priorities.
- Police: Chemicals used to make explosives found at San Francisco RV park
- COVID-19 vaccine clinic to open in Lafayette for seniors 75 and older
- 9-year-old killed in San Francisco murder-suicide identified
- Public booted from California Senate after threats
- Law enforcement agencies prepare for possible weekend demonstrations across Bay Area