Nikki Laurenzon spoke to Asm. Shirley Weber who was nominated to become California’s first African American secretary of state.
“Part of this job will be to make sure we continue that progress that we continue to have people have faith in the voting system,” Weber said.
- From Stonewall to today: 50+ years of modern LGBTQ+ history
- Ketanji Brown Jackson issues solo dissent in ruling against Teamsters strike
- California advances fentanyl bills focused on prevention, increased penalties
- ’80s pop sensation Tiffany involved in accident on Tennessee highway: ‘Extremely lucky’
- Schumer vows to keep Senate in session until debt ceiling bill passes