Fox 5 San Diego’s Kathleen Bade and KSEE 24’s Alexan Balekian join Inside California Politics to discuss two interesting congressional races in the state.
First, we discuss the costly and intense battle in District 21, which includes parts of Fresno, Kern and Tulare counties. Democratic incumbent T.J. Cox is trying to fend off a challenge from Republican David Valadao, who once held that seat before losing to Cox in 2018.
Next, we turn to California’s 50th congressional district, a seat vacant since the resignation of Republican Duncan Hunter. There, former Republican U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa is running against Democrat Ammar Campa-Najjar.
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- Biden’s first Cabinet picks diverse, historic
- Lawmakers push to pass COVID-19 relief bill before the end of the year
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Elderly lady detained during anti-lockdown protest in London