SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – Capitol police announced another officer died Saturday while off-duty.
The cause of death has not formally been announced, but Punchbowl News’s Jake Sherman reports that it was by suicide.
Officer Howard Liebengood, 51, was assigned to the Senate Division and has been with the department since April 2005.
Liebengood is the second Capitol officer to die this week.
The office of the U.S. Capitol Police did not immediately respond to a request for comment regarding Gainer’s reported statement.
We will continue to update this story.
- Tenderloin SRO hotel owner sued over conditions at building
- Bird-watcher falsely accused in racist Central Park encounter gets Nat Geo show
- Santa Clara County to launch gun buyback program
- Christopher Nolan filming latest movie on UC Berkeley campus: photos
- Artificial intelligence used to stop shoplifting