ATHENS, OH (WCMH) – A Catholic priest in Athens County is facing allegations of sexual abuse of a minor.
Rev. Christopher Foxhoven appeared in Athens Municipal Court Tuesday afternoon to face eight counts of sexual battery.
According to court records, Foxhoven admitted to having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl, who is now pregnant with his child. Foxhoven was serving two churches in Athens County, including Holy Cross in Glouster, where the relationship allegedly took place.
Diocese of Steubenville officials say they notified the Athens County Sheriff as soon as they learned that Foxhoven had admitted to having a sexual relationship with a minor. According to Bishop Monforton, he is barred from church property.
He is being held on $1 million cash bond. Additional charges are possible, according to the prosecutor.
- NOTORIOUS MOBSTER JAMES “WHITEY” BULGER KILLED IN PRISON
- SHERIFF: PENINSULA TEACHER HAD SEX WITH RELATIVE, VIDEO POSTED ONLINE
- HOW TO STOP THOSE ANNOYING ROBOCALLS
- VIDEO: GUY BRINGS CHAINSAWS ON BART TRAIN
- BROTHER: COUPLE DIED IN YOSEMITE FALL WHILE TAKING SELFIE