SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KRON) — Hundreds of people are protesting Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order Monday at the State Capitol in Sacramento.
The protesters say they feel the order is too extreme and is doing too much harm to the economy.
“All five of my kids are out of work…I want my job back,” one protester told Doug Johnson, a reporter for KRON4’s sister station KTXL.
Video of the protests shows people gathering in front of the Capitol Building. Most are carrying signs and not wearing masks.
California’s stay-at-home order has been in effect for over a month and will remain in place until further notice.
Check back for updates as this story develops
- Traffic tickets can be profitable, and fairness isn’t the bottom line in city courts where judges impose the fines
- EV batteries degrade faster in hot weather: What owners can do
- NASA’s first asteroid samples land on Earth
- The alcohol your state is ordering the most: report
- Daylight saving time: Why are we still changing the clocks?