ALAMEDA (KRON) — The Oakland Raiders have acquired wide receiver and return man Trevor Davis via a trade with the Green Bay Packers, the Raiders tweeted Thursday morning.
Oakland will send an undisclosed 2020 draft pick to Green Bay as part of the trade terms.
The Martinez native and UC Berkeley alum is returning to the Bay Area, this time in silver and black.
Following the 28-10 home loss against the Kansas City Chiefs during Week 2, the trade came in what seems like a good time for the Raiders.
Raiders go-to return specialist Dwayne Harris is overcoming injuries after being banged up against the Chiefs.
Davis was the Dwayne Harris of the Packers, and now the Raiders have options while they work through injuries.
The 6-foot-1, 188-pounder has collected 449 yards off of 40 punt returns and 791 yards off 35 kick returns.
On the receiving side of things, Davis has recorded nine receptions for 122 receiving yards and one touchdown.
And — he’s got speed.
“Welcome back to the Bay,” the Raiders tweeted.
We’ll have to wait and see what Davis will bring to his hometown in what is likely to be the organization’s final year in the Bay.
- Delta extends change fee policy to 2 years
- Coronavirus peak coming as US grapples with increasing cases
- WATCH: Hundreds of sailors give hero’s send-off to fired commander of aircraft carrier hit by coronavirus
- Paddleboarder arrested at Malibu Pier for violating state stay at home order
- IRS to start sending stimulus checks April 9, but some won’t get money until September