STOCKHOLM (AP) – A Swedish prosecutor has charged rapper A$AP Rocky with assault over a fight in Stockholm last month.
Prosecutor Daniel Suneson said in a statement Thursday that he filed charges against the artist and two others, “having come to the conclusion that the events in question constitute a crime and despite claims of self-defense and provocation.”
The case has drawn the attention of fellow recording artists and U.S. President Donald Trump.
Rocky, a platinum-selling, Grammy-nominated artist whose real name is Rakim Mayers, has been in custody since July 3 as authorities investigate a fight he was allegedly involved in on June 30 before appearing at a music festival.
The three suspects will remain in custody until trial.
The Stockholm District Court will have to set a date for the proceedings.
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
- 12 possible coronavirus patients being treated at Bay Area hospitals
- San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin speaks on ICE arrests at Sonoma County courthouse
- Tennessee death row inmate Nicholas Sutton selects last meal
- Man wins $10 million lottery prize from scratch-off ticket bought in Burbank