STOCKHOLM (AP) – A Swedish prosecutor has charged rapper A$AP Rocky with assault over a fight in Stockholm last month.
Prosecutor Daniel Suneson said in a statement Thursday that he filed charges against the artist and two others, “having come to the conclusion that the events in question constitute a crime and despite claims of self-defense and provocation.”
The case has drawn the attention of fellow recording artists and U.S. President Donald Trump.
Rocky, a platinum-selling, Grammy-nominated artist whose real name is Rakim Mayers, has been in custody since July 3 as authorities investigate a fight he was allegedly involved in on June 30 before appearing at a music festival.
The three suspects will remain in custody until trial.
The Stockholm District Court will have to set a date for the proceedings.
- 4.5 earthquake shakes Pleasant Hill, second of two quakes
- City’s plan would eliminate cars from Market Street in San Francisco
- Student’s cancer research at UC Berkeley jeopardized by PG&E outages
- Panera Bread worker fired after mac and cheese secret exposed
- Crews rescue 190-pound dog exhausted on mountain hike in Utah