SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — A 20-year-old Pokémon card could sell for half a million dollars, making it the most expensive Pokémon card ever sold.
The opening bid for the 1st Edition #4 “Charizard” card started at $50K on Goldin Auctions and is currently at $150K 10 days ahead of the auction.
Experts say this card could easily easily double the record for a Pokémon card, previously set at $250,000.
The Pokémon “Charizard” card has been a fan favorite for decades. Many are comparing its value to the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle Rookie Card.
- Winter storm: These areas of San Mateo County are under evacuation orders
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Free game tickets for health care heroes
- Rob Black’s Winners & Losers: Restaurants surviving pandemic
- LIVE TODAY: Dr. Ghaly to give CA COVID briefing
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers