A Red Flag warning has been issued by the National Weather Service in the Bay Area on Saturday.
The warning is in effect from 11 p.m. on Saturday until 9 a.m. on Monday morning.
According to the NWS, the specific locations that need to be alert are the East Bay Interior Valleys, East Bay Hills, and the Diablo Range.
A statement from NWS says:
“The strongest offshore wind event so far this fall will develop this evening and continue through Monday morning. While rain fell earlier this week in many locations, some locations received little or no rainfall. The combination of strong offshore winds, lowering humidities and warm daytime temperatures will create the potential for critical fire weather conditions.”
Track live weather conditions on KRON4 Weather Center.
- FLEET WEEK SF: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & BLUE ANGELS FLIGHT TIMES
- BODY OF MISSING 18-YEAR-OLD RICHMOND WOMAN FOUND, EX ARRESTED
- VIDEO OF TEENS ATTACKING, ROBBING 12-YEAR-OLD LEADS TO ARRESTS
- PARENTS: DON’T BUY THIS CELL PHONE CASE FOR YOUR KIDS, POLICE ASK
- SOUTHWEST KICKS OFF 72-HOUR FARE SALE