SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — The Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers have voted to boycott the NBA season, according to reports.
This comes after the NBA held a meeting with players on Wednesday following nationwide boycotts in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake.
Every other NBA team voted to continue the season.
Lakers’ LeBron James said in the meeting that he wants owners to be more involved and take action.
This story will be updated
Latest Sports Headlines:
- Bay area Dodgers fans celebrate World Series win
- Dodgers’ Justin Turner tests positive for coronavirus
- Los Angeles Dodgers win first World Series since 1988
- NFL Draft: Jet’s Jordan Willis to join 49ers
- 49ers’ RB Wilson, WR Samuel no-go for several weeks