WASHINGTON D.C. (KRON) – Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger called on Vice President Mike Pence and members of the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment after the events at the Capitol yesterday.
In a video posted to Twitter, Kinzinger described Trump supporters storming Congress as a sad day stoked by President Donald Trump.
“The President caused this,” Kinzinger said. “The President is unfit and the President is unwell. The President must now relinquish control of the executive branch voluntarily or involuntarily.”
Kinzinger, of Illinois’ 16th district, is the first Congressional Republican to call for the 25th Amendment and joins a growing chorus of other lawmakers, political scientists and advocacy groups including Republican Gov. Phil Scott of Vermont.
Watch the full video above.
- Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani for $1.3 billion
- Super Bowl LV odds: Kansas City a 3.5-point favorite
- At least 31 law enforcement officers in 12 states tied to storming of the Capitol
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial